My name is Justin Bauer and I’m an electrical Engineer that works mostly on embedded systems. This website is meant to catalog technology related ideas and random thoughts. Most of the pages are “living documents” that I edit continuously on a day-to-day basis.
I graduated Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in 2011 with a BS in Electrical Engineering. I’ve since worked:
- Microchip Technology - Applications Engineer in their 8-bit division (2011-2015)
- 8-bit microcontrollers, PCB/Circuit design, technical teaching on various new peripherals, GUIs (java, C#), low-level programming, documentation
- Blockwise Engineering - Lead Software/Electrical Engineer (2015-2017)
- 32-bit ARM microcontrollers, GUIs (LabVIEW, C#, Qt), Web dev, PCB/Circuit design, CE certification
- AgJunction - Embedded Software Engineer (2017-2019)
- A lot of Linux, kernel and U-Boot development, Qt, Yocto Linux
- Axon - Senior Software Engineer (2019-present)
- Police body cameras and tasers
I also do freelance work with various clients. Please contact me if you’d like for me to work on your idea.
Please see my linkedin for more information.
In 2016 I created a microcontroller discussion website called mcuhq where I post projects pertaining to microntrollers and embedded Linux systems.
In 2017 I launched this blog initially as a means for me to easily keep track of places to go in Phoenix. I’ve since grown it to encompass some tech posts along with other useful notes that I can easily reference again.